Tweet

Pages

Wimbly Lu The Chocolate Cafe Singapore

I'm not a dessert person. I like to end my meal with plain water and that's about it. If there's dessert, I'll probably just have 5 bites the most. Anything more that that it makes me nauseated. However, I've read many reviews on Wimbly Lu . No good words for the breakfast menu and other desserts except for Blackout Cake and Waffles.

 
It's hard to miss the vintage red and white beetle stationed at the doorway.  I have no idea what the significance of this beetle is.



Interior is comfortable, cooling and quiet. Overhead  clear glass ceiling lets in good amount of sun.

I'm not a fan of very chocolatey things (brownies or 3 layers chocolate cake or anything similar. Can't remember the last time I have something like that, maybe 10 years ago wtf) hence I did not order the Blackout Cake. I settled with the most raved about - Waffles with salted caramel ice cream (S$8.50) and iced chocolate (S$6) with decent amount of whipped cream.
Waffle does not disappoint. It is crispy and ice cream is good with just the right amount of salt to draw out the caramel's sweetness.Though I thought the waffle tasted a littleeeee bitter but I can live with that. Iced chocolate, however, was very disappointing. I don't even know how Iced Chocolate can be that bad. It's diluted and too water-ish for my liking.

Plain water is free! I detest places which charge for water.

The cafe prepares different types of seats. The usual ones under the open glass ceiling, sofa seats at the corner, kids play area right behind the sofa seats and also garden seats.

Although the waffle is ok but I don't think I would visit the place again because it's not very accessible through public transport and it's quite a fuss to go there just for a mediocre waffle and no other good food (never tried others but other reviews have raved about waffle but gave negative comments on food).



Wimbly Lu
15-2 Jalan Riang,
358987,
Singapore.
+65 6289 1489

4 comments:

is Wimbly Lu a person's name? so weird one...

wah..you play SLR also liao?

shu: the place not bad!

candy: ya! combination of both the bosses names.

jia: u mean these photos? I do have a 550D bought 3 years ago but rarely ever used it. these photos are taken with my trusty old compact camera!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More